We bring this cake that is ideal for any occasion in addition to being known for its fluffiness and better than giving a healthy touch with our extra-virgin olive oil. Shall we start with the recipe?
We will work a recipe whose preparation time is 25 min baking it would be about 30-35 me. Our amounts are intended for 8 rations and is a recipe of medium difficulty.
Before starting we will see the necessary ingredients:
Ingredients for the sponge cake
- 220 g flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon powdered nail, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- 150 ml aove, We will advise the Extra virgin olive oil Arbequina, for its soft touch that is ideal for desserts
- 3 eggs
- 165 gr peeled and grated carrots
- 125 gr chopped walnuts
- 150 gr raisins
Ingredients for the glaze or frosting
- 225 gr cream cheese
- 75 gr unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 440 gr sifted icing sugar
- Orange zest.
Preparation of carrot cake
- Heat the oven to 180 ºC. Cover and brush a baking tray about 25 x 30 cm.
- In a bowl mix flour, the sugar, bicarbonate, yeast, spices and salt.
- Beat eggs with extra virgin olive oil. Add the above mixture and stir until well mixed which.
- Incorporate the grated carrots, nuts and raisins and mix well again to make it homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into the tray had previously prepared and spread evenly.
- bake 30-35 minutes, check that the cake is cooked by inserting a knife into the center comes out clean and. Allow to cool in the mold.
To prepare the glaze, we catch an electric mixer and mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla until a smooth paste, then we gradually adding sugar and orange zest.
Finally when the cake is chilled, extend glaze over and serve.